Manage knowledge-driven work and automate repeatable processes on a single platform. OnBase provides data and case management capabilities, empowering you to manage and improve both unstructured and structured work.
Every organization has processes it can’t define with outcomes it can’t predict. OnBase case management software solutions empower workers to effectively manage cases, make better decisions and handle high-value exceptions. OnBase centralizes all information surrounding a case and provides users with all the tools they need – whether they’re resolving an issue, managing a claim, fulfilling a service request or onboarding an employee.
By supplying these tools, an OnBase case management system:
- Empowers employees to work smarter: OnBase provides a 360-degree view into the information users need to make smart decisions, from data records and documents to conversations and emails.
- Increases visibility and control: Reporting dashboards and audit trails of all activities increase transparency, support compliance and help organizations identify opportunities for improvement.
- Offers one platform for solutions enterprise-wide: Save the time and cost of building, managing and upgrading multiple systems by creating content-enabled applications on one point-and-click configurable platform.
With OnBase, you configure data-driven applications, automate repetitive processes and manage supporting documents. Most vendors deliver these capabilities through offerings that integrate multiple, acquired products. OnBase is the only software suite developed organically to deliver this functionality within one product. OnBase case management equips your organization to solve a wide range of business problems – from facilities project management and compliance tracking to vendor management, contract management, HR onboarding, incident resolution and fraud investigation – all on one central platform.
Identify opportunities to improve
- Look for areas that are dependent upon your knowledge workers – things that can’t be predicted or fully automated.
- Look for work currently managed in scattered spreadsheets, network folders or departmental databases like Access or Lotus Notes. How are you handling related information and supporting content required to make decisions? Is information frequently lost or out-of-date?
- Think about your processes, people and departments that are customer-, constituent- or student-facing. How can you improve these relationships and better manage the critical information that supports them?
- Consider “gaps” that exist in your daily work – areas that your major line-of-business systems can’t fully support. For example, can you easily access related documents, notes and more from your SIS, ERP or EMR? Are users spending time switching between systems to get work done?
Choose a solution that allows you to be agile
When it comes to data and case-driven solutions, you have several options. You could have developers build applications via custom coding or purchase multiple point solutions, each specific to one process. However, custom coded applications take longer to build and are difficult to change. Point solutions, while effective for one use, can’t be easily extended to other areas or tailored for specific needs. A content-enabled rapid application development platform equips you to be agile. Rather than spending time developing from scratch, you can point-and-click configure case-driven applications that connect all your information, supporting documents and workflow processes. Faster, more tailored applications equate to faster, more tailored solutions to your customers’ needs. Point-and-click configuration also allows you to more easily adapt existing applications and add additional applications over time as requirements change.
Consider the future
Think about your long-term goals – such as more personalized customer service, faster incident resolution, more comprehensive investigations. As your organization grows toward these objectives, will the tools you choose today be able to grow and expand as well?
You’ll also want a solution that can scale and shift with changing business and customer needs, easily extending to other processes and departments. Your software vendor will become a longtime strategic partner, so be sure to select one that has industry-wide recognition and proven case management implementations.
Finally, think about your employees. They want a better way to get work done and tools that help them rapidly resolve issues, track customer information and manage relationships. An ideal solution empowers them with a complete view of all data, documents, notes and other information surrounding a case, allowing them to better serve and ultimately retain your customers.